Spybot +AV 2.1 Beta
Today we are making available to the public a beta test version of our soon to be released new product ‘Spybot +AV 2.1′!
Please note: this is still a beta version that should not be used on live systems. If you are curious about the new version or want to help us with testing you are welcome to use this version. Please use a spare system or a virtual machine for your testing.
The beta version of Spybot +AV 2.1 includes a Professional Edition license valid for 30 days, so you can try and test all the features of the program.
New features and changes in Spybot +AV 2.1
Here are some of the improvements in this new version:
- Antivirus scan (Home Edition and above)
- Enhanced GUI: a simple view has been added to many components and the number of dialogues has been reduced.
- Colour coded indicator on dialogue boxes for easy reference
- MRU Scan: ability to tell Spybot to only scan the Most Recently Used files
- Added scan mode to only scan for usage tracks
- Improved rootkit scan, suspicious results can be scanned with our File Scan
- Multi-core processor support in scan engine (Home Edition and above)
- Live Protection
- Internet Security: an integrated proxy server blocks access to suspect URLs (Windows 8 is currently not supported)
- Improved ‘Protected Repair Environment’ – now has its own easy to use Spybot taskbar
- Updated Boot CD Creator allows to create your own Boot CD with Spybot 1 and 2
- Boot sector scanning
- Extensive white list for system files, now used in more Spybot components
- Spybot now prompts you to create a white list when installed on newly commissioned systems
- French and Italian translations now included by default
Download the beta version
(File size: 35 MB, MD5 checksum: B6419F3C12349B1A6EA5F8D1E52A5669)
Please report all bugs you encounter using our bug reporting form.
You can help us most if you include all information needed to quickly reproduce the bug and try to be as precise as possible.
Thank you for your help with testing Spybot +AV 2.1!