RegAlyzer is a tool to browse and change the registry. It was created because of a few features we missed in the original regedit tool, from support for exotic value types over background and regular expression search to better bookmarks, displaying .reg files in the accustomed style and a history view. RegAlyzer 2, which will be released in the summer of 2019, will support value interpretations, constant names for values, and snapshots of hives to track changes.
- 22.214.171.124 (April 27th, 2008) 64 bit support, delete on search results, manual hive loading, undo and save on change logs.
- 1.5.5 (June 8th, 2007) Works with Windows Vista (logo program), Undo and Redo logs, some bugfixes, more languages.
- 1.4 (December 13th, 2005) Fixed drive-not-available bug, fixed auto-refresh problems, adjusted version number to fit in the line.
- 1.2 (September 19th, 2005) Fixed new value bug, fixed value editing bug, fixed broken remote connection bug.
- 1.1.5 rel 3 (July 8th, 2005) Maintenance release including more translations.
- 1.1.5 rel 2 (June 2005) Maintenance release including more translations.
- 1.1 (March 4th, 2005) small fixes, WinPE/BartPE compability (automated mounting of registry on other drives), automated update if current key changed.
- 1.0e (September, 25th 2003) improved remote connections, added drag’n’drop, improved search, small fixes.
- 1.0d (September 5th, 2003) improved search, added support for short rootkey names.
- 1.0c (August 12th, 2003) search speed-up, window size/position saved, bookmark management, REG_RESOURCE_REQUIREMENTS_LIST display, improved import and export of special registry keys.
- 1.0b (July 29th, 2003) fixed a few bugs
A short list of the pros of RegAlyzer:
- New: Undo and Redo logs in .reg format
- Improved search function (results list)
- Jump to key by command line parameter
- Jump to key by typing/copying it into dialog (instead of browsing)
- DWord editing with parallel hex/decimal/binary display
- Support of QWord (64 bit integer)
- Display of .reg file contents without importing it
- Support of version 5 files (Unicode) even with Windows 95/NT
- Low-level display of security settings with option to export it
Please donate to support our fight against spyware!
RegAlyzer includes a database of some common registry locations including details that help interpreting registry values, by providing constant names and descriptive texts.
The screenshot shows a system services registry setting, with the lower right panel showing the MSDN description for the selected Start value, while the display list shows what the selected value of 0x3 stands for, and the edit dialog in the foreground demonstrates then when editing, you can choose from a list of named constants instead of having the remember values.
Track changes by comparing to snapshots
RegAlyzer allows to track changes to your registry by comparing its current state against snapshots you have made.
The screenshot shows an example with various changes. Old and new data is displayed, and the size, or changes to the size, as well.
Hierarchical bookmark manager with live preview
RegAlyzer 2 brings a new bookmark manager that offers a hierarchical storage for bookmarks.
Not in this screenshot is the last column, which offers a live preview, so that you can use bookmarks to have a quick look at a variety of registry values in different places.
Hives are files that store parts of the registry. RegAlyzer locates inactive hives on other drives and allows you to use the registry inside. This helps for example when running it from a bootable CD or DVD to repair a system.
The integrated Hive Manager also allows you to make snapshots of all hives, which will allow you to track changes made to them.