RegAlyzer is a tool to browse and change the registry. It was created because of a few features we missed in the original regedit tool, from support for exotic value types over background and regular expression search to better bookmarks, displaying .reg files in the accustomed style and a history view.
- 126.96.36.199 (April 27th, 2008) 64 bit support, delete on search results, manual hive loading, undo and save on change logs.
- 1.5.5 (June 8th, 2007) Works with Windows Vista (logo program), Undo and Redo logs, some bugfixes, more languages.
- 1.4 (December 13th, 2005) Fixed drive-not-available bug, fixed auto-refresh problems, adjusted version number to fit in the line.
- 1.2 (September 19th, 2005) Fixed new value bug, fixed value editing bug, fixed broken remote connection bug.
- 1.1.5 rel 3 (July 8th, 2005) Maintenance release including more translations.
- 1.1.5 rel 2 (June 2005) Maintenance release including more translations.
- 1.1 (March 4th, 2005) small fixes, WinPE/BartPE compability (automated mounting of registry on other drives), automated update if current key changed.
- 1.0e (September, 25th 2003) improved remote connections, added drag’n’drop, improved search, small fixes.
- 1.0d (September 5th, 2003) improved search, added support for short rootkey names.
- 1.0c (August 12th, 2003) search speed-up, window size/position saved, bookmark management, REG_RESOURCE_REQUIREMENTS_LIST display, improved import and export of special registry keys.
- 1.0b (July 29th, 2003) fixed a few bugs
A short list of the pros of RegAlyzer:
- New: Undo and Redo logs in .reg format
- Improved search function (results list)
- Hierarchical bookmark support
- Jump to key by command line parameter
- Jump to key by typing/copying it into dialog (instead of browsing)
- DWord editing with parallel hex/decimal/binary display
- Support of QWord (64 bit integer)
- Display of .reg file contents without importing it
- Support of version 5 files (Unicode) even with Windows 95/NT
- Low-level display of security settings with option to export it
But there are a few not-yet completed features as well:
- Complete Unicode support
- Display and import support for some system stuff (REG_LINK, REG_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR, etc.)
- Changing security settings
- Remote connection doesn’t ask login yet
- Changing opened .reg file
- Editing binary date
- Working (add/delete/etc.) in remote registry
RegAlyzer is still in development, as you can see from the ‘missing’ list above. So expect a few improvements in the near future!