To enable Live Protection:
- Open Spybot by right-clicking on the Spybot icon and choosing the option to “Run as administrator”.
- Click on the Live Protection status in the Start Center.
- This will open up the Live Protection Settings.
- If you see “Live Protection is not installed”, click on “Show Live Protection advanced controls”.
- Click on “Install Live Protection”.
- If you receive an error message saying “Live Protection System Driver could not be installed”, you will have to restart your PC in order to re-attempt the installation.
- Once you have restarted your machine, please open Spybot.
- You should see a dialog asking you whether or not to install Live Protection.
- Click Yes.
- Live Protection should now be enabled.
- Before reinstalling Spybot, you must uninstall the old installation.
- Please see here for instructions on how to uninstall Spybot.
- Alternatively, you can run the Spybot installer, which will detect the current installation and offer to uninstall it.
- Once you have uninstalled Spybot and restarted your machine the installation should begin automatically.
- Spybot 2.4 can be downloaded from here.
- If you are a licensed user, you can download your license installer from the original email that was sent to at the time of purchase.
- If you do not have your license installer, you can request that your license be resent to you by filling in the form here.
- During the installation process you should see a dialog prompting you to “Install Live Protection”.
- Click “Yes”.
- When Live Protection has been successfully installed, you can then click “Activate Live Protection”.
- Live Protection will then be enabled and actively protecting your PC.
If you do not see this dialog, you will have to reinstall Spybot.
If Live Protection is still not enabled, please go to the Live Protection settings in Spybot, and then click “Install Live Protection”.
This page shows content from our old website. It might move in the near future. To get the most up to date information, please use the navigation menu at the top.