Use this guide at your own risk; software should usually be better suited to remove malware, since it is able to look deeper.
If this guide was helpful to you, please consider donating towards this site.
Please remove the following items from your start menu.
To check where they are pointing to, right-click them and choose "Properties" from the context menu appearing.
- Items named "AudioHDDriverHost.lnk" and pointing to "<$COMMONAPPDATA>\HostTotalCommander\AudioHDDriverHost.exe".
Please use Windows Explorer or another file manager of your choice to locate and delete these files.
- The file at "<$COMMONAPPDATA>\HostTotalCommander\AudioHDDriverHost.exe".
- The file at "<$COMMONAPPDATA>\HostTotalCommander\DriverInstallerHost.exe".
- The file at "<$PROFILES>\All Users\HostTotalCommander\AudioHDDriverHost.exe".
- The file at "<$PROFILES>\All Users\HostTotalCommander\DriverInstallerHost.exe".
You will have to use a global search for files without a name specified. Be extra careful, because just the name might not be enough to identify files!
Important: There are more files that cannot be safely described in simple words. Please use Spybot-S&D to remove them.
If neither Spybot-S&D nor self help did resolve the issue or you would prefer one on one help,