Use this guide at your own risk; software should usually be better suited to remove malware, since it is able to look deeper.
If this guide was helpful to you, please consider donating towards this site.
Links (be careful!):
Important: There are more files that cannot be safely described in simple words. Please use Spybot-S&D to remove them.
Please use Windows Explorer or another file manager of your choice to locate and delete these folders.
- The directory at "<$LOCALAPPDATA>\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\pghbndkpfjdcofebfihaalgbendggmlh".
- The directory at "<$LOCALAPPDATA>\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Sync Extension Settings\pghbndkpfjdcofebfihaalgbendggmlh".
Make sure you set your file manager to display hidden and system files. If PU.Polarity.MyFlightApp uses rootkit technologies, use our RootAlyzer or our Total Commander anti-rootkit plugins.
You will have to use a global search for files without a name specified. Be extra careful, because just the name might not be enough to identify folders!
You can use regedit.exe (included in Windows) to locate and delete these registry entries.
- Delete the registry key "myflightapp.com" at "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage\".
If PU.Polarity.MyFlightApp uses rootkit technologies, use our RegAlyzer, RootAlyzer or our Total Commander anti-rootkit plugins.
If neither Spybot-S&D nor self help did resolve the issue or you would prefer one on one help,
- Please read these instructions before requesting assistance,
- Then start your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum where a volunteer analyst will advise you as soon as available.