Use this guide at your own risk; software should usually be better suited to remove malware, since it is able to look deeper.
If this guide was helpful to you, please consider donating towards this site.
Important: There are more files that cannot be safely described in simple words. Please use Spybot-S&D to remove them.
Please use Windows Explorer or another file manager of your choice to locate and delete these folders.
- The directory at "<$LOCALAPPDATA>\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\jbfdncemokhjnhoiohfdjahheefaiaec".
- The directory at "<$LOCALAPPDATA>\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Extension Settings\jbfdncemokhjnhoiohfdjahheefaiaec".
- The directory at "<$LOCALAPPDATA>\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Sync Extension Settings\jbfdncemokhjnhoiohfdjahheefaiaec".
Make sure you set your file manager to display hidden and system files. If PU.Mindspark.ConvertersNow uses rootkit technologies, use our RootAlyzer or our Total Commander anti-rootkit plugins.
You will have to use a global search for files without a name specified. Be extra careful, because just the name might not be enough to identify folders!
You can use regedit.exe (included in Windows) to locate and delete these registry entries.
- Delete the registry key "ConvertersNow" at "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\".
- Delete the registry key "ConvertersNowTooltab Uninstall Internet Explorer" at "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\".
- Please check your bookmarks for links to "<regexpr>http\://hp.myway\.com/convertersnow. ".
If neither Spybot-S&D nor self help did resolve the issue or you would prefer one on one help,
- Please read these instructions before requesting assistance,
- Then start your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum where a volunteer analyst will advise you as soon as available.
There are more files or system entries belonging to this product that <$SPYBOTSD> can remove, but that cannot be easily described in text. Please use <$SPYBOTSD> to make sure <$PRODUCTNAME> gets completely removed.