Use this guide at your own risk; software should usually be better suited to remove malware, since it is able to look deeper.
If this guide was helpful to you, please consider donating towards this site.
Please use Windows Explorer or another file manager of your choice to locate and delete these files.
- The file at "<$APPDATA>\Microsoft\up.exe".
- The file at "<$APPDATA>\Microsoft\vp8decoder.dll".
- The file at "<$APPDATA>\Microsoft\vp8encoder.dll".
- The file at "<$APPDATA>\Microsoft\webmmux.dll".
- The file at "<$PROFILES>\All Users\rfusclient.exe".
- The file at "<$PROFILES>\All Users\rutserv.exe".
- The file at "<$PROFILES>\All Users\vp8decoder.dll".
- The file at "<$PROFILES>\All Users\vp8encoder.dll".
- The file at "<$PROFILES>\All Users\webmmux.dll".
Make sure you set your file manager to display hidden and system files. If RAT.RemoteManipulator uses rootkit technologies, use the rootkit scanner integrated into Spybot-S&D 2.x or our Total Commander anti-rootkit plugins.
You will have to use a global search for files without a name specified. Be extra careful, because just the name might not be enough to identify files!
Important: There are more files that cannot be safely described in simple words. Please use Spybot-S&D to remove them.
You can use regedit.exe (included in Windows) to locate and delete these registry entries.
- Delete the registry key "Remote Manipulator System" at "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TektonIT\".
- Delete the registry value "sys" at "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\".
If neither Spybot-S&D nor self help did resolve the issue or you would prefer one on one help,
This page shows content from our old website. It might move in the near future. To get the most up to date information, please use the navigation menu at the top.