Use this guide at your own risk; software should usually be better suited to remove malware, since it is able to look deeper.
If this guide was helpful to you, please consider donating towards this site.
Important: There are more files that cannot be safely described in simple words. Please use Spybot-S&D to remove them.
Please use Windows Explorer or another file manager of your choice to locate and delete these folders.
- The directory at "<$LOCALAPPDATA>\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\gdjhmbkihngieiklbbclghdgbmabinpe".
- The directory at "<$LOCALAPPDATA>\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\kojogbeahblacnbfpenbglbibaclijcj".
- The directory at "<$LOCALAPPDATA>\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Sync Extension Settings\gdjhmbkihngieiklbbclghdgbmabinpe".
- The directory at "<$LOCALAPPDATA>\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Sync Extension Settings\kojogbeahblacnbfpenbglbibaclijcj".
Make sure you set your file manager to display hidden and system files. If PU.Polarity.SearchSwapper uses rootkit technologies, use our RootAlyzer or our Total Commander anti-rootkit plugins.
You will have to use a global search for files without a name specified. Be extra careful, because just the name might not be enough to identify folders!
- Please check your bookmarks for links to "<regexpr>http\://searchswapper\.com/. ".
If neither Spybot-S&D nor self help did resolve the issue or you would prefer one on one help,
- Please read these instructions before requesting assistance,
- Then start your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum where a volunteer analyst will advise you as soon as available.
There are more files or system entries belonging to this product that <$SPYBOTSD> can remove, but that cannot be easily described in text. Please use <$SPYBOTSD> to make sure <$PRODUCTNAME> gets completely removed.
This page shows content from our old website. It might move in the near future. To get the most up to date information, please use the navigation menu at the top.