Use this guide at your own risk; software should usually be better suited to remove malware, since it is able to look deeper.
If this guide was helpful to you, please consider donating towards this site.
Please use Windows Explorer or another file manager of your choice to locate and delete these files.
- A file with an unknown location named "index.reg".
Make sure you set your file manager to display hidden and system files. If Win32.StartPage uses rootkit technologies, use the rootkit scanner integrated into Spybot-S&D 2.x or our Total Commander anti-rootkit plugins.
You will have to use a global search for files without a name specified. Be extra careful, because just the name might not be enough to identify files!
Important: There are more files that cannot be safely described in simple words. Please use Spybot-S&D to remove them.
You can use regedit.exe (included in Windows) to locate and delete these registry entries.
- Remove "http://www.uzzf.com/?p" from registry value "Start Page" at "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\".
- Remove "http://www.xueshangwang.com/?ie" from registry value "Start Page" at "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\".
If Win32.StartPage uses rootkit technologies, use our RegAlyzer, RootAlyzer or our Total Commander anti-rootkit plugins.
The following browser plugins or items can either be removed directly in your browser, or through the help of e.g. Spybot-S&D or RunAlyzer.
- Please check your bookmarks for links to "http://www.uzzf.com".
- Please check your bookmarks for links to "http://www.xueshangwang.com".
If neither Spybot-S&D nor self help did resolve the issue or you would prefer one on one help,
- Please read these instructions before requesting assistance,
- Then start your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum where a volunteer analyst will advise you as soon as available.
This page shows content from our old website. It might move in the near future. To get the most up to date information, please use the navigation menu at the top.