Manual Removal Guide for Win32.SDBotJuly 17, 2018 - 7:42 am
Use this guide at your own risk; software should usually be better suited to remove malware, since it is able to look deeper.
If this guide was helpful to you, please consider donating towards this site.
Please use Spybot-S&D, RunAlyzer or msconfig.exe to remove the following autorun entries.
- Entries named "Microsoft HDCP for NT and Win9x" and pointing to "*.exe".
Please use Windows Explorer or another file manager of your choice to locate and delete these files.
- The file at "<$SYSDIR>\libmysql.dll".
- The file at "<$SYSDIR>\msdhcprs.exe".
- The file at "<$SYSDRIVE>\info.txt".
You will have to use a global search for files without a name specified. Be extra careful, because just the name might not be enough to identify files!
Important: There are more files that cannot be safely described in simple words. Please use Spybot-S&D to remove them.
You can use regedit.exe (included in Windows) to locate and delete these registry entries.
- Remove " msdhcprs.exe" from registry value "Shell" at "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\".
- Remove "012345:C:\WINDOWS\system32\Programs\" from registry value "Dir0" at "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Kazaa\LocalContent\".
If neither Spybot-S&D nor self help did resolve the issue or you would prefer one on one help,
- Please read these instructions before requesting assistance,
- Then start your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum where a volunteer analyst will advise you as soon as available.