To disable Live Protection:
- Open Spybot by right-clicking on the Spybot icon and clicking “Run as administrator”.
- Click on the Live Protection status in the Start Center.
- This will open the Live Protection Settings window.
- Untick the checkbox beside “Scan all programs before they start”.
- Click on “Show Live Protection Advanced Controls”.
- Click on “Uninstall Live Protection”.
You may receive an error saying that “The Live Protection System Driver could not be deactivated/uninstalled. A reboot might be needed to completely deactivate Live Protection.”
You must restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
After your PC has restarted, Live Protection should now be disabled.
This page shows content from our old website. It might move in the near future. To get the most up to date information, please use the navigation menu at the top.