If the detected items were not removed by a scan, you can try to remove them again by running SDCleaner manually.
- Navigate to the Spybot program folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot – Search & Destroy 2
Or on a 32-bit/x86 PC:
C:\Program Files\Spybot – Search & Destroy 2
- Right-click the file “SDCleaner(.exe)”, file and choose the option to “Run as Administrator”.
- Click on “Rescan Detected”. This will open up the System Scan Window and scan for all the items that were previously detected in a scan.
- When the scan is finished you can select “Fix Selected” in the SDCleaner window.
Alternatively, you can try a scan in Safe Mode as the malware could be affecting the removal process.
- To do this, reboot your PC. As it is restarting, hold “F8” until a boot menu appears.
- In the boot menu, choose “Safe Mode with Networking”.
- You can then open Spybot as an administrator in this mode and perform another scan.
- Open Spybot by right-clicking on the Spybot icon and choosing the option to “Run as administrator”.
- Go to System Scan.
- Once you have scanned using Spybot, restart your machine through the Shutdown options.
- Please see the following links for more information on entering Safe Mode.