If you are using another antivirus program that contains Live Protection, Real-time Protection or some equivalent, this could be conflicting with Spybot’s Live Protection and causing your issue.
You can avoid this by disabling Live Protection on either Spybot or your other antivirus program.
To disable “Live Protection” on Spybot, please do the following:
- Open Spybot by right-clicking on the Spybot icon and choosing the option to “Run as Administrator”.
- In Start Center, click “Settings” (tick the checkbox next to “Advanced user mode” if you do not see “Settings”).
- In Settings, go to the “Live Protection“ tab.
- Untick the checkbox for “Scan programs before they start”.
- Click “Apply” and “OK”, and restart Spybot for your changes to take effect.
There is also a button for “Show Live Protection advanced controls” on this page. If you click this button you will see two options:
- “Uninstall Live Protection” (this may require you to reboot)
- “Deactivate Live Protection”
You can choose either of these.