You can manage Spybot – Search & Destroy’s services in the Settings module.
To access system services:
- You can either access the “Settings” module:
- Via the Spybot’s Start Center by going to: Start Center > Settings (Tick “Advanced user mode” if you do not see “Settings”) > System Services
- Via SDTray (the small Spybot 2 icon beside your systems clock in the taskbar) > Advanced Tools > Settings
- Once “Settings” has been opened, switch to the “System Services” tab.
Depending on your operating system you can change the status via a drop down menu (Windows Vista and higher).
- System services can be started by clicking “Start” next to any stopped service.
- If you want to uninstall a service, just right-click and select “Uninstall”.
- By ticking the checkbox “Active after every reboot”, you can change the service’s behavior on system start.
Beside the configuration options in the Settings module, you can also edit the Services via the Windows service management console.
This page shows content from our old website. It might move in the near future. To get the most up to date information, please use the navigation menu at the top.