To uninstall Spybot 2
- Open the Start Menu.
- Type “Control Panel” into the search box.
- Click on “Small Icons” in the “View by” dropdown menu.
- Click on “Programs & Features”.
- You can then scroll down to “Spybot – Search & Destroy”, click it, and then press “Uninstall”.
- This will open the uninstallation wizard.
Before uninstalling Spybot, it is recommended to undo Immunization to avoid issues with the uninstallation process.
It is also recommended to view Spybot’s Quarantine to restore any items you would like to keep that were detected by Spybot. Once Spybot is uninstalled, these files cannot be restored.
After Spybot has been uninstalled it is recommended to delete the following folders:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot – Search & Destroy 2
Or on a 32-bit/x86 PC:
C:\Program Files\Spybot – Search & Destroy 2
- C:\ProgramData\Spybot – Search & Destroy
Please note that the “ProgramData” Folder is hidden.
If you can’t find this folder, please check your folder properties to ensure hidden files/folders are displayed on your PC:
- Open Windows Explorer (or any folder).
- Click on “Organise”, then go to “Folder and search options”.
- Click on “View”, then select “Show Hidden Files, Folders and Drives”.
You should then restart your PC for the changes to take affect.
This page shows content from our old website. It might move in the near future. To get the most up to date information, please use the navigation menu at the top.