To scan a file using the File Scan:
- Open Spybot by right clicking on the Spybot icon and choosing “Run as Administrator”.
- Go to File Scan. This will open the File Scan in a separate window.
- Click on Add File(s). This allows you to pick which files to scan.
- You can then navigate to the desired file(s), and click “Open”.
- If you want to add more than one file from the same directory, hold the “AltGr” key on your keyboard when selecting the files, and then press “Open”.
You can also scan a single file by right clicking on the file, clicking on “Spybot – Search & Destroy”, and then clicking on Scan File.
Note: Windows Explorer Integration must be enabled to use this option.
If the File is clean, a green tick should appear beside the file in the results list.
If the File is infected, you can quarantine it by clicking “Remove Malware”.
This page shows content from our old website. It might move in the near future. To get the most up to date information, please use the navigation menu at the top.