To install your Spybot license:
- Please download the “spybot2-license.exe” file which you should have received in an email, shortly after purchasing Spybot.
- If you did not receive your Spybot license, please make a request to have your license resent to you.
- You can then run this file to begin the installation. The installer will install your license files.
- If this is your 1st time installing Spybot, the installer will detect that Spybot has not been installed and will download and install the latest version.
- If you already have the Free Edition installed, the installer will detect the installation and add your license files to the program, activating all of the features of your Paid Edition.
- If you are replacing an existing license, the installer will detect the old license and will as you if you would like to “Install New License” or “Keep Existing License”.
When you re-open Spybot, you should now have a fully licensed version.
Issues you may encounter:
The license will not download:
If you are using Internet Explorer, your license file may be blocked by Windows Smartscreen. Please see here for instructions to temporarily disable Windows Smartscreen in Windows 10. This can be safely re-enabled when your license has been successfully downloaded.
The license will not run:
To fix this, please temporarily disable any other security software you may be running when installing Spybot, as this can cause Spybot to install incorrectly. These can be safely re-enabled once the installation is complete.
The license ran, but did not install (Windows 10):
If you upgraded to Windows 10, important Spybot files may have been moved. Please see here for a solution to this issue.