In this Beta, as always, we have reacted to our users requests. As a result Beta 5 has important subsurface improvements:
- We have revised the Uninstaller.
- Memory consumption during scans has been optimized.
- The detection criteria were improved and now detect more malicious files.
- Extended logging is now easier to understand.
We have also added support for big fonts and made navigation without a mouse easier.
Once again we would like to thank those users who submitted bug reports.
Beta 5 features:
- Start Center: New views have been added and links have been revised.
- Refreshed the GUI: The navigation bar has been shortened.
- The dialogs have been edited.
- Files and Folder Scan detects even more malware (by extending the heuristic scope).
- Files on any network resource can now be scanned (viz. UNC support).
- The Rootkit scanner has been updated.
- Memory consumption has been reduced.
- Event logging has been updated.
- The installer now prompts to uninstall a previously installed version of Spybot-S&D 2.0.
- The uninstall procedure has been optimized.
- Issues with Windows Security Center and Action Center integration have been fixed.
- The “Jump to registry” mechanism has been optimized. The content of any detected item in your registry can now be easily checked.
- Grouping has been added to SDUpdate.
- Support for blind users has been improved.
- Support for big fonts has been added.
- Increased interoperability with 3rd party scanners.
Remember it is a beta and as such not a replacement for the stable version 1.6.2.
- Tests on Windows 8 are not finished yet.
- Previous betas were dedicated to getting feedback for ‘Live Protection’; this version does not have ‘Live Protection’ in order to get feedback on the other components independent of the ‘Live Protection’.
Like to know more about Spybot-Search & Destroy 2.0? Simply follow our news