The last beta release of Spybot-S&D 2.0 finally arrived!
In this Beta we have fixed a lot of trivial and minor issues. As a result we expect Beta 6 to be the predecessor of the first release candidate. We hope you like our fresh user interface cleanup.
We would like to thank our faithful users who reported dozens of bugs.
Beta 6 features:
- Windows 8 Security Center support
- A modern and cleaned up user interface
- Updated help document and style
- Master Boot Record scans using SDRootAlyzer
- Installer now detects more recent versions of Spybot-S&D
- Added Uninstall Wizard to maintain undo immunization or recovery
- Fixed exceptions when scanning files on a network share
Remember it is a beta and as such not a replacement for the stable version 1.6.2.
- Tests on Windows 8 are not completely finished
- This version does not offer the Live Protection component
- SDChrome has been removed; the web browser extensions will be rewritten using a more flexible concept.
Like to know more about Spybot-Search & Destroy 2.0? Simply follow our news